Not an entirely random name for a blog, but close. I am not a goat herder - in the usual meaning of that word; nor does the Urban Dictionary definition apply to me either (for a decade at least): an extremely drunk male who having lost all self-respect and standards, loses his powers of discrimination when pulling females. It is said that Gateshead derives its name from a settlement near an early Tyne crossing where goats once roamed. The goats are long gone, but me - I like to roam these parts - or rather run - exploring new places, rediscovering old ones in and around Gateshead and Newcastle when I'm out jogging. This blog is a collection of my photos, thoughts, observations, rants, loves and hates about Newcastle and Gateshead.

Friday 17 January 2014

The Fab 56 bus


This bus is fab. It's got power sockets, free wifi, frequent service and great views of Newcastle and Gateshead from its top deck. Here are a few shots from a journey I took this week.




The best views to be had, though, are on the return journey from Wrekenton. Coming over the brow of the hill at the top of Sherrif's Hill, while sitting at the front of the bus, on the top deck, you get the most wonderful views of Newcastle, the Tyne valley and Northumberland; especially on a clear day, when you can see the Cheviots. Sorry no pics of that though - it's such a rare treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment