Not an entirely random name for a blog, but close. I am not a goat herder - in the usual meaning of that word; nor does the Urban Dictionary definition apply to me either (for a decade at least): an extremely drunk male who having lost all self-respect and standards, loses his powers of discrimination when pulling females. It is said that Gateshead derives its name from a settlement near an early Tyne crossing where goats once roamed. The goats are long gone, but me - I like to roam these parts - or rather run - exploring new places, rediscovering old ones in and around Gateshead and Newcastle when I'm out jogging. This blog is a collection of my photos, thoughts, observations, rants, loves and hates about Newcastle and Gateshead.

Friday 11 September 2015

The Oxford, Tiffanys, Studio, Ritzy, Ikon, Liquid etc Demolition has begun


Woohoo - another demolition I can get a bonk-on about.

Plans have been approved and work has commenced on demolishing the non-listed parts of the Ikon night club on New Bridge Street, Newcastle.  The listed parts - the entrance portico and the adjacent John Dobson House - will be preserved, enhanced and used for a cafe / retail outlet.

http://novumcastellum.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/end-of-era-for-newcastle-city-night-spot.html










Is it just me, or was someone having a laugh when they designed Portland House?

No comments:

Post a Comment